In case the USB receiver has been inserted in the PC before the software has been installed, sometimes Windows XP cannot automatically find the installed driver.
Follow the steps below to solve this problem:
1. Go to Control Panel and select System and then the Hardware tap and start the Device Manager
2. In the list, search for a yellow question or exclamation mark with "CC1111 USB CDC behind it and click on it.
3. Click on Reinstall Driver.
4. The Hardware Wizard starts now. Do not let Windows search for software and click next.
5. Select Search for the best driver in these locations and include this location in the search.
6. Enter in the text box: C:\Program Files\AM300\drivers
7. Finally, click next to let Windows install the driver.